- Call up http://freifunk.net/api-generator/
- Fill in the information about your community in the form and press “OK – generate…”. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk. The more information you enter, the better.
- Your results will be displayed on the right hand side. If information is missing or fields are incorrectly filled, you will see it marked under the text box. Fill in or correct the information and generate the API file again.
- Save the content of the text box to a text file on your computer or press the download button. This puts a file with an encrypted file name in the default download directory of your browser. Unfortunately we cannot change that for technical reasons.
- Upload the file created under point 4. to the Internet on to your Web space, in your content management system or our freifunk wiki. You will need a link to that file.
- The link must be added to the API directory. If you trust yourself, create a pull request, or you can send the link via contact form. If you chose the later, select “question about the API” as subject.
Please note: If you want to update, download or edit your API file, you can choose to do so after the entering the API directory, in the drop-down menu on the top right. The file must however be resaved or downloaded and uploaded to the Web server again.
Please also use the possibilities to update information such as the number of nodes or services automatically and regularly. Gluon developers have written an examplary script, and there is a solution for OLSR-based networks on Github.
You can find background information on the API in the blog and on freifunk.net.
The most recent changes are summarized here.
Translation by Karin Kuschel.
Quelle: Your API file in only 6 steps